Offerup - Fake Beats headphones

Update by user Jan 09

I added the wrong pictures of the conversation to the complaint. This shows no integrity forThe seller and they were a Christmas gift. I just want fair justice because I did ask if they were real and she said yes.

Original review posted by user Jan 09

I order beats headphones from someone on offer up I asked her if they were authentic. They took 3 weeks to

Come and they are fakes they came from China.

When I asked if I could return them to her she basically said her vender has a no return policy and I was out my money.

I told her I’m her customer not the venders customer. And that’s false advertisement and no where on her offer up post does it say no returns.

Product or Service Mentioned: Beats Electronics Headphones.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Techrabbit - Not happy

3.0

Well the product I ordered was supposed to be new. Once turning on I found that it was used and still under the previous owner name.

Not sure if I would order from this company again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Beats Electronics Headphones.

Elder Beerman - Their 'customer service' is a joke!

Layout of Store

I purchased beats headphones for christmas present. They stopped working by february so i found out how to return them- told thered be no problem exchanging or refunding!

Ha! I sent them back in march and they still have done nothing! Claiming now they lost my return and theres nothing they can do! Wtf!

$200 headphones im supposed to forget? No *** way!

They refuse to refund or exchange even with receipt and then lose my return!

No reason they're closing!

Wish - False advertising

I ordered a pair of Dre beats in September 2017 or what i thought were Dre beats but the day i received the product i sent it right back same day and requested a refund because it was a decal who would buy that trash and i was told once wish received this product i would receive my refund today is April i contacted wish several times and same answer still waiting have not received then now in April wish stated that wish told me to send the shipping recpiet i kept all responses from wish not one says send photo of shipping recpiet i never got my refund and was lied to and cheated i will never buy anything from this scite again i also want all my information back i want my account taken down ASAP i will no longer conduct business with no good rotten people i like honesty and compassion i will never recommend your company to any one good luck

Comments

I ordered a cell phone made sure it said in description that it was the phone I was getting and they sent me a phone cord

Which people is a bunch of b****** they hide and steal money can't hold up for their own products and always want you to go somewhere to on a *** app for contact support like you going why the *** they got a *** phone on foot they need to be brought up in court for false advertisement and stealing from the United States government

Techrabbit - Worst come I've EVER delt with.

Style and Design
Usability

This is probably the worst company you could ever purchase anytbing from. They give you the option of buying new or refurbished products. My dad paid for a new pair of DreBeats headphone, the ones that wrap around the ear. This was a Christmas gift.

The first pair I received was bent and would not fit on my ear, and when I did manage to put it on it would not stay in place. It was also a refurbished pair because when I tied to sync it to my Bluetooth, it was already named with someone name. Which shows that it was previously owned.

I returned that pair and received a second pair and had the same exact issue. Bent and refurbished. So I returned that pair as well.

I then received my third replacement pair and guess what? The headphones would not even turn on or charge. The charging port was damaged. At this point i requested a manager to speak with. I spoke with one and was assured that I would receive a new pair, in perfect condition.

Just received my fourth replacement pair and yet again, damanged. Once again this pair was bent and did not stay on my ear. I am in the process of returning this pair and getting my money back.

The Only reason I didn't attempt to get my money back the first time is because it was past the money back period.

Worst company I have ever Delt with. 0 stars

Esurebuy - Horrible business dealings

Purchased Wireless Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats 3 as a Christmas gift.

Headphones came in a plastic Ziploc bag with no instructions, warranty or box! No extra ear covers. They only held their charge for 25 minutes, after being charged all night! Not like the product proclaims of 5 minutes of charging for hour usage.

Horrendous return policy! Have to return the product within 14 days of opening. How do they know if it has been opened or not when it didn't even come in original packaging?! No phone number to talk to someone regarding this defected product.

Lost $118.

Will buy from reputable known store...Hard way to learn a lesson...Too good to be true! Don't buy from this company!

N1 Wireless - Poor or no customer service

1.3

Purchased headset to sync with Samsung soundbar. They would not sync.

Sent email Requesting info for return/refund. They sent an email to me to complete a process already done. In sent another email to N1Wireless I stated that (since their phone always states voicemail full). They had a few days to resolve the issue.

It has been 2 weeks and still no response. I will never buy from them again and I suggest you don't either. I have contacted the consumer reporter in my area to get this resolved.

For a company to never answer the phone or at least leave a voicemail is ridiculous. To not respond to emails is incompetent.

Best Buy - Failure to honor return on defective produce

2.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased PowerBeats2 headphones before Christmas 2016 and paid cash. I intended to give these as a gift but when the recipient of the gift was unable to get the PowerBeats2 to pair, I took them back to exchange.

During the after Christmas rush the wait at Customer Service was over an hour....and I left...I returned today. After a 20 minute wait was waited on by the Customer Service Supervisor. She looked at my box, scanned the bar code, entered my phone number and my email into their database, then told me without proof of purchase that she could not exchange the item. Seriously, the bar code proved the product was purchased in the store.

Certainly the bar code was linked to some inventory system to tell when it was purchased. But no, without a piece of paper, showing when I purchased the item Best Buy was unable to exchange the product.

Best Buy just lost a customer. I will never return there again.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: exchange for a working product.

I didn't like: Worst customer service representatives.

Comments

MattD78
Melbourne, Florida, United States #1323162

Actually, no the barcode cannot tell them it was purchased in a store. What you are referring to is a SEREIAL NUMBER.

A serial number is a unique number on items like computers that individually identifies them. All that a barcode does is tell the computer what product it is and how much to charge, that is it. The barcode does not tell anyone where an item was purchased or even if was purchased or stolen or given away.

So that is why Best Buy needs the receipt, to tell them YOU actually purchased this item because they have no way of knowing otherwise. How long have you been shopping in retail and not known how a barcode works?

MattD78
to MattD78 Melbourne, Florida, United States #1323166

Also, if you don't like those rules good luck shopping anywhere else because whether it's Best Buy or Walmart or Target or HHGregg all retail barcodes work the exact same way and none of them tell the retailer when where or how THAT particular item was purchased.

Newark, New Jersey, United States #1322646

Beats can't be returned without a receipt. It's not her fault.

The system itself refuses to accept the return as it's an Apple product. Also being that it's open it doesn't fall under the no receipt exception guidelines.

The last day to return it by the way was January 15th. Sorry but if you do find the receipt bring it to Apple they are very good with their manufacturers warranty and usually give you a new pair.

Offerup - Simple Review #1482116645

Turnaround Time

Someone post Beats solo2 wireless headphones unopened labellung it is original. I bought it and later i found out it was fake. The person should not be allowed to sell the fake items.

Product or Service Mentioned: Beats Electronics Headphones.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Beats Electronics - Beats by Dr Dre headphones, WORST EVER

Ocean Shores, Washington

Update by user Nov 02, 2012

Epilogue: It took four months, literally dozens of telephone calls and emails, dealing with 17 different (evasive by training)people, protests, appeals, writing multiple complaint letters, and endless patience, but the headphones have finally been replaced. Considering buying Beats by Dre headphones? You\'re better off going to Las Vegas- it\'s a gamble either way.

Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2012

We bought beats headphones for our disabled teen son, who enjoyed them while they lasted. Beats headphones cost $300, & in our case they lasted 6 months until the thin cheap plastic topmost piece snapped. We called Beats Support & were told to send them in for a promised replacement pair. We spent $35 in shipping fees & they were returned with Beats stating they'd been subjected to unreasonable wear. We protested, and Beats changed their mind, telling us to send them back for new replacements. They were returned again with Beats citing the same reason. Again we protested, again we were instructed to return them, and again they were returned to us as is.

Three months have passed since our first contact with Beats. With no fewer two dozen phone calls and endless "hold" times, we've spoken with 14 "support" people, traded a dozen emails, explained the situation to them ad nauseum, and even written company president Luke Wood- absolute silence has consistently been their response. To add insult to injury, after we volunteered to pay for the repair, Beats says they do not have a repair facility, but hope to have one up & running "in a few months". We've even gone so far as to write Dr Dre himself on Facebook and Twitter- not surprisingly without any response.

If you want to pay top dollar for an inferior product, have it break because of poor design & cheap materials, and experience complete and total frustration, runaround, excuses and total incompetence, then by all means buy Beats by Dr Dre headphones. Otherwise you'd be better off taking a very close look at the competition. Beats Electronics, and especially Beats headphones have absolutely zero "support". This has got to be far & away the absolute worst business model, bar none, ever.

Comments

They cost $5 to manufacture so that's why they break VERY easily!