Update added by user Nov 02, 2012
Epilogue: It took four months, literally dozens of telephone calls and emails, dealing with 17 different (evasive by training)people, protests, appeals, writing multiple complaint letters, and endless patience, but the headphones have finally been replaced. Considering buying Beats by Dre headphones? You\'re better off going to Las Vegas- it\'s a gamble either way.
Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2012
We bought beats headphones for our disabled teen son, who enjoyed them while they lasted. Beats headphones cost $300, & in our case they lasted 6 months until the thin cheap plastic topmost piece snapped. We called Beats Support & were told to send them in for a promised replacement pair. We spent $35 in shipping fees & they were returned with Beats stating they'd been subjected to unreasonable wear. We protested, and Beats changed their mind, telling us to send them back for new replacements. They were returned again with Beats citing the same reason. Again we protested, again we were instructed to return them, and again they were returned to us as is.
Three months have passed since our first contact with Beats. With no fewer two dozen phone calls and endless "hold" times, we've spoken with 14 "support" people, traded a dozen emails, explained the situation to them ad nauseum, and even written company president Luke Wood- absolute silence has consistently been their response. To add insult to injury, after we volunteered to pay for the repair, Beats says they do not have a repair facility, but hope to have one up & running "in a few months". We've even gone so far as to write Dr Dre himself on Facebook and Twitter- not surprisingly without any response.
If you want to pay top dollar for an inferior product, have it break because of poor design & cheap materials, and experience complete and total frustration, runaround, excuses and total incompetence, then by all means buy Beats by Dr Dre headphones. Otherwise you'd be better off taking a very close look at the competition. Beats Electronics, and especially Beats headphones have absolutely zero "support". This has got to be far & away the absolute worst business model, bar none, ever.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Beats Headphones
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."